Forty-two minutes...a lifetime of love...

God's Gift...Our Angel Baby

Twenty weeks into life, Hailey was diagnosed with alobar holoprosencephaly (HPE). Further testing showed that she had full Trisomy 13, also called Patau syndrome. Trisomy 13 affects about 1 in 16,000 babies. HPE affects about 1 in 10,000 babies and of those only 3% survive to delivery. With the severity of Hailey's condition, she is given little chance of surviving to term. But our family was dedicated to giving her that chance, no matter how small, and she gave us every hope for the future.

On June 12, 2009, our angel baby was born and delivered into our loving arms. There is where she spent her life and gave us the best 42 minutes of ours. Our journey led us to this moment in time, the moment we met our little girl face to face, and the precious time we shared with her. Now Hailey is safe in the hands of God until we meet again.


God has blessed our family in ways we didn't understand at first. But through our faith and trust in Him, we came to realize just how much purpose Hailey's life serves on this earth. Hailey has unlocked the deeper meaning of faith, hope and love, and has forever changed the lives of many. We are blessed to be part of such an incredible life and incredible journey.


Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Letter from Mommy

My Sweet Baby Girl,

For 42 minutes I held your life in my arms. And it was an experience that I have never, and will never in my life know again. There are no words to describe the strength of our time with one another. I was so captivated by your presence in my arms that all words escaped me. I simply didn't know what to say to someone so perfect. But what needed to be said was said, and what needed to be felt was felt. Everything was already there between us, as they have been from the beginning.

As I looked upon your beautiful face, I knew I was looking at the face of an angel...our angel. I was looking at the little girl that has changed my life forever, and you did so without ever having to say a single word. You have changed everything about me through the kicks and movements we shared, through the steady sound of your heartbeat, through the smell of your skin and the touch of your hand. You have taken me on a journey unlike any other. On a journey that shook me and woke me to a life unlived and a woman unknown. You've saved me with your strength and your courage, and by the unconditional hope you've given me. You've shown me what it means to appreciate life, and what it means to live life with unwavering faith, hope and love for God. And all this is because of you, my angel, of our unexpected gift from above.

Today my heart is complete yet broken, but that's because my heart has never loved like this before. And though the pain of losing a piece of my heart is great, the joy of knowing you and loving you is so much greater. Mommy is going to miss you so much, but my heart is comforted knowing that you are safe in God's hands, and that you are home.

We love you sweet girl, more than words can say or the heart can feel. We love you for all that you are and all the joy you've brought to our lives. And I can rest assured knowing that the plans God has for me will eventually bring me back to you.

Until that happy day, baby girl, hold on to that piece of mommy's heart that's yours so that you always remember the precious time we've shared, and how much you are a part of me and who I am.

I love you so much baby girl!

Love Always,

Mommy



This is the letter that was read at Hailey's memorial service yesterday. There is so much that I want to share, and I will, but this week may be a little slow. But I'll just say that yesterday was perfectly amazing in every way! Our family is doing pretty well, and we greatly appreciate the continued prayers as we embark on this next chapter of healing.

God Bless!
But Jesus said, "Let the little ones come to me, and do not keep them away; for such is the kingdom of heaven." - Matthew 19:14


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones