Forty-two minutes...a lifetime of love...

God's Gift...Our Angel Baby

Twenty weeks into life, Hailey was diagnosed with alobar holoprosencephaly (HPE). Further testing showed that she had full Trisomy 13, also called Patau syndrome. Trisomy 13 affects about 1 in 16,000 babies. HPE affects about 1 in 10,000 babies and of those only 3% survive to delivery. With the severity of Hailey's condition, she is given little chance of surviving to term. But our family was dedicated to giving her that chance, no matter how small, and she gave us every hope for the future.

On June 12, 2009, our angel baby was born and delivered into our loving arms. There is where she spent her life and gave us the best 42 minutes of ours. Our journey led us to this moment in time, the moment we met our little girl face to face, and the precious time we shared with her. Now Hailey is safe in the hands of God until we meet again.


God has blessed our family in ways we didn't understand at first. But through our faith and trust in Him, we came to realize just how much purpose Hailey's life serves on this earth. Hailey has unlocked the deeper meaning of faith, hope and love, and has forever changed the lives of many. We are blessed to be part of such an incredible life and incredible journey.


Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Dear Mommy,

Please don't cry,
Please don't worry.
I know you will miss me,
But please, don't miss me yet.

I am still here, Mommy,
I am with you everyday.
You take me wherever you go,
And with you I will stay.

I am warm and content,
I find plenty of room to play.
I am safe with you, Mommy,
I am happy everyday.

We are not alone,
We will always have each other.
God is with us too, Mommy,
Guiding us along the way.

Be strong, Mommy,
Do not be afraid.
I am here, Mommy,
And that will never change.

I love you, Mommy,
Thank you for taking me all the way.
I love you, Mommy,
Be strong, be happy and live life with me everyday.


With love from your baby girl,

Hailey

****************************

I am not a poetic writer, so this isn't meant to rhyme. I just wrote it with a daughter's love, for her mother's comfort. When I read it, I am reminded that Hailey hasn't gone anywhere. She is safely tucked inside, and I'm going to keep her safe, and celebrate the blessing of her life for as long as God allows. I also know that Hailey will always be with me, even when we come to the crossroads on this journey. My 'good-bye' to her on this earth will be temporary, and spoken only once. For when I see her again, 'good-bye' will cease to exist.

I thank God for the gift of life. I thank Him for Hailey's life, and the life she will forever live with Him! He is an awesome God. And in our hands He entrusted the most beautiful, perfect little girl, an angel, who was created for the glory of heaven!

God blesses us the most when we least expect it.

Love,
Rachelle
But Jesus said, "Let the little ones come to me, and do not keep them away; for such is the kingdom of heaven." - Matthew 19:14


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones