Forty-two minutes...a lifetime of love...

God's Gift...Our Angel Baby

Twenty weeks into life, Hailey was diagnosed with alobar holoprosencephaly (HPE). Further testing showed that she had full Trisomy 13, also called Patau syndrome. Trisomy 13 affects about 1 in 16,000 babies. HPE affects about 1 in 10,000 babies and of those only 3% survive to delivery. With the severity of Hailey's condition, she is given little chance of surviving to term. But our family was dedicated to giving her that chance, no matter how small, and she gave us every hope for the future.

On June 12, 2009, our angel baby was born and delivered into our loving arms. There is where she spent her life and gave us the best 42 minutes of ours. Our journey led us to this moment in time, the moment we met our little girl face to face, and the precious time we shared with her. Now Hailey is safe in the hands of God until we meet again.


God has blessed our family in ways we didn't understand at first. But through our faith and trust in Him, we came to realize just how much purpose Hailey's life serves on this earth. Hailey has unlocked the deeper meaning of faith, hope and love, and has forever changed the lives of many. We are blessed to be part of such an incredible life and incredible journey.


Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

Monday, March 23, 2009

Truths of Life


I thought I would share some lessons in life that my daughter has proven to be true. Here are just a few, and are in no particular order...
  1. When seeking to understand; seek no further than God.
  2. "Never will I leave you; Never will I forsake you." - Hebrews 13:5
  3. God's plan is far greater than our own, so trust it.
  4. Doing what is right is not always the easiest thing to do.
  5. God blesses us the most when we least expect it.
  6. Don't take life for granted. Love, honor and cherish the time you have and the time you have with your family.
  7. Don't underestimate the power of prayer.
  8. God gives, God takes away, and God blesses our lives forever!
  9. It is okay to cry. Just remember that you are always in God's hands, and He will take care of you.
  10. Seek God when you are hurting and in pain, but remember to seek Him all the times in between.
  11. If you believe and trust in God, in the end everything will be okay.
  12. God doesn't give you more than you can bear. I have found that you learn more from the load you carry.
  13. God can do all things great and small.
  14. "What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us." - Helen Keller
  15. "Every good and perfect gift comes from above." - James 1:17

One of the greatest truths that I know to be true:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you."
- Jeremiah 29:11-14


Therefore, I know that I am not alone. I know that God has a plan for me and for Hailey. I am part of hers and she is part of mine, and I am blessed! I do not need to understand what God's plan holds, simply because I know it is His plan.

Update: Hailey is one an active little girl! She keeps busy all day long, but her energy boost seems to come in the afternoon and at night. And I love it! I love being uncomfortable, I love being kicked in the bladder, and I love carrying life inside me everyday. She keeps a smile on my face, and never is there a bad day. I have too much to be thankful for.

Hailey's spirit and strength amazes me!
But Jesus said, "Let the little ones come to me, and do not keep them away; for such is the kingdom of heaven." - Matthew 19:14


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones